Monday, July 10, 2006

A waif

Though I don't even rate my poetry skill as average.But when I did try out my hand at it. I guess the result wasn't too bad also(keeping my own parameters in mind)...


Eyes overflowing with tears,
head throbbing with pain,
lungs gasping for air,
Wounded heart bleeding.

Unwary of future,
wry smile, dismay,
such mental turmoil,
extricating from the mortal coil.

Withered,wandering,waiting......
For those outstretched hands.
For that gentle loving touch.
For noon naps in mama's lap.
Love,care,security,home thats
what she asks for.

Ludicrous!! Tender age of six.
Failing little jaunty steps.
Searching what lay below her,
for anything but blood.

Lump throat,hands trembling,
Legs failing,heart pounding
Eyes blinding with tears,
'Mama,mama! Its Kristie! Me!'
Jolting the lifeless pale body
which lay,lacking its warmth

Perfect sky was torn apart,
Intense ball of heat stared,
Clouds glared,
The silence was deafening,
Loneliness was killing.

Warring states had nothing to win.
But everything to lose,
Dilapidated houses,bloody lakes,
orphans,hunger struck,limping sapiens,
Doomsday!! That was it........

No comments: